Thursday 27 December 2012

The Birth of a Font: OUGD404

Poplar


Georgia

Zaphino

Helvetica Neue

Using the four typefaces shown above I started to experiment with creating new letterforms. I did this by dissecting each individual letter and swapping these around with each typeface. By doing this I began to discover new and interesting letter styles. Some outcomes were more successful than others. I documented this process and began to generate ideas for my five favourite outcomes/ own new fonts:





After carrying out a various range of experimentation I began to define my favourite new styles. I aimed to concentrate on a variety of different outcomes in order to show a clear differentiation between each style.

Script&Block
Zaphlar

Gothic&Block
Popetica

Gothic&Script
Helvetino

Roman&Gothic
Georgica

Script&Roman
Zaphigia


Variations of my new, hand-rendered letterforms on tracing paper: 
Experimenting with layers.


















No comments:

Post a Comment