Sunday 12 January 2014

OUGD504: Comma American Diner Branding & Identity Development

For the invitations, I wanted to create something which was iconic and eye-catching. The purpose of these invitations was to inform locals and raise awareness of the new opening of Comma American Diner. The secondary purpose was to persuade and encourage young adults, couples, families and large party groups to come to the restaurant opening night. As a persuasive feature, I included a possible chance of winning a free burger with the presentation of the invitation.. like a gift or coupon.

In terms of design, I kept the invitations consistent with the menus, using only Futura, Brush Script MT italic, and the colour scheme red, white and blue. The female character was placed on the back of the invitations, with a speech bubble quoting 'You're Invited!' This speaks directly to the reader, 'you' applying to everyone - encouraging as many people as possible to get involved with the new American Diner. 

These invitations would be handed out in the same manner as bulk flyers posted to everyone within the area. By including minimal information (a short description, an instruction, and the address) the invitation reveals minimal information, but teases the reader into (hopefully) wanting to find out more.. and to do this they would be required to visit the diner themselves. 

Below is a range of examples of the invitation variations. I wanted each invitation to be unique, making the customers feel special. In reality, if these were printed in mass production, it would be highly unlikely that this would be possible and they would be printed repeatedly as a series. However, for the submission, I was only planning to process 8-18 invitations so I wanted to show different designs for each. 

Each invitation was kept the same, the only changes I focused on were the background line styles and thickness. A few of my experimentations are shown below..




Using InDesign, I was able to line the invitations up. Originally I was working in an A4 document 








________

Business Cards
As a small extra for customers to take away with them, I created small business cards including the key contact information. The main elements I wanted to include were:
-- Logo --
-- Restaurant Name --
-- Short description --
--Where to find us --
-- Contant info --



No comments:

Post a Comment