Friday 23 November 2012

End Of Module Self-evaluation


1. What skills have you developed through this module and how effectively do you think you have applied them?
I have gained a wide range of skills throughout this module. The fast pace in which in which we have been required to deliver briefs has helped me improve my time-management skills. Because of this, I have become more aware of how to prioritise different tasks. I have also enjoyed learning about Adobe Illustrator, as I feel that it has given me a new range of digital skills.

2. What approaches to/methods of design have you developed and how have they informed your design development process?
The majority of my design processes have been digitally based. However, the combination of incorporating hand-drawn material has caused my outcomes to become more developed and refined. As  I usually do not prefer drawing, I feel that this module has pushed me away from  my comfort zone. This has generated a good response through my personal response and the support of other people's feedback.

3. That strengths can you identify in your work and how have/will you capitalise on these?
I feel although my work has developed in quality and structure through feedback given to me during crits and tutorials. Therefore I think the work towards the end of the module reflects more strength and confidence due to my development skills improving.

4. What weaknesses can you identify in your work and how will you address these in the future?
Although I am aware that my time-management has improved, I would still like to develop this further, as I feel that at times I have not been up to date with briefs - particularly on my blog. I also need to work through briefs in a more organised manner, including working with more design sheets.

5. Identify five things that you will do differently next time and what do you expect to gain from doing these?
1. Read the briefs more thoroughly to ensure a greater understanding of the tasks required.
2. Concentrate on time-managagement to ensure i remain on top of my work.
3. Try to keep my work more organised.
4. Use my blog more effectively to convey developments, research, ideas and inspiration.
5. Ensure to create more design sheets with annotations to develop stronger and more justified outcomes.

6. How would you grade yourself on the following areas?
Attendance - very good                  
Puctuality - very good
Motivation - good
Commitment - very good
Quantity of work produced - good
Quality of work produced - good
Contribution to the group - very good

No comments:

Post a Comment