Saturday 17 November 2012

Message & Delivery: Distribution


I began by brainstorming different methods of distribution to use for my mail shots. This included things such as leaflets, labels and possibly fold-out options. I also wanted to start thinking about the designs and context of these and how they would be most successfully presented. I then considered using a play on words to generate a memorable, effective message.



Experimenting with mail shot ideas:
Using a Statistical News Release from www.homeoffice.gov.uk (Home Office) I found facts about racial hate crime. I considered using this and using typography in a visually engaging manner to draw the audiences attention to the high figures stated in this report. The poster below was one of my initial designs using this idea.
Another idea was to create a flyer presented using an equal balance of black and white. I used www.acas.org.uk to discover more about racial discrimination which is where I have used the facts below from.

I then considered including labels inside my envelopes, possibly as invitations to an event, or with quotes or information on the subject of racial equality. These could alternatively be used as stickers, flashcards or loyalty cards to an association. In order to remain consistent I decided to use the same image as presented on my poster.
Following on from this I thought about possible flyer design, referring back to my initial ideas of using a strong bold catchphrase which would be memorable and bold to support the imagery and give my mail shots a stronger visual quality.

I decided to use black card for the exterior of my envelopes and thought it would look most effective to use a pattern on the interior as a contrast. Below are two ideas of scale and sizes of the pattern I chose. However the bottom was the idea I remained with as it is more subtle yet still as effective, if not more than the one above.


Eventually I decided to use facts from a report made from the BBC in the Telegraph online. The topic is more specifically aimed towards schools in areas with the highest rates of racist incidents. This was double sided with the main heart-hands on the reverse.
Lastly I designed a mailing list including key elements from all of my development from this brief. I chose to send my envelopes to the top 5 areas for racial incidents within British schools:

No comments:

Post a Comment