Thursday 31 January 2013

OUGD405: End Of Module Self-Evaluation


1. What skills have you developed through this module and how effectively do you think you have applied them?
I have gained a wide range of skills throughout this module. We have been required to balance a range of different length briefs. This was challenging when deciding how to prioritise my briefs. I have benefitted from the amount of research in helping me collect a wind range of ideas and information. However, I am aware that I could have presented my final outcomes more effectively at times.

2. What approaches to/methods of design have you developed and how have they informed your design development process?
The majority of my design processes have been digitally based. As the main focus of this module was to carry out a wide range of research, most of my processes have involved watching videos and reading articles and books. I think the research process was both helpful for informing my project but also made it difficult to refine my ideas at times. The development process of my ideas could have been more thorough and consistent, had I had more confidence in my initial research findings.

3. What strengths can you identify in your work and how have/will you capitalise on these?
I feel asthough my work has developed in quality and structure through feedback given to me during crits and tutorials. Therefore I think the work towards the end of the module reflects more strength and confidence due to my development skills improving.

4. What weaknesses can you identify in your work and how will you address these in the future?
I feel although my time-management could have been better during this module. The time spend on certain briefs could have been more effectively used on others. I would still like to develop this further, as I feel that at times I have not been up to date with briefs - particularly on my blog. If I can improve this I believe my outcomes will be stronger, more detailed and much better justified. I will achieve this by being more active and motivated at the time of the briefing as opposed to taking time on one idea.

5. Identify five things that you will do differently next time and what do you expect to gain from doing these?
1. Read the briefs more thoroughly to ensure a greater understanding of the tasks required.
2. Concentrate on time-managagement to ensure i remain on top of my work.
3. Try to keep my work more organised.
4. Use my blog more effectively to convey developments, research, ideas and inspiration.
5. Ensure to create more design sheets with annotations to develop stronger and more justified outcomes.

6. How would you grade yourself on the following areas?
Attendance - very good                  
Puctuality - very good
Motivation - good
Commitment - very good
Quantity of work produced - good
Quality of work produced - good
Contribution to the group - very good

No comments:

Post a Comment